Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Automatic time correction for your PC



SocketWatch
Another personal recommendation. I use it all the time and I paid my US$10.00 registration fee. I have no connection apart from being a very satisfied user.
Absolutely brilliant! SocketWatch is an SNTP client that gets accurate time information over the Internet. If you are connected to the Internet and want your PC clock to be as accurate as possible, SocketWatch is for you. Can be run unregistered but the registered version naturally offers superior features.
I've found over two years my PC receives a daily correction of about 9.369 seconds. Just one indication of the poor time keeping of a PC's clock. At that rate over a month my PC's time would be in error nearly five minutes! Check your time now and see how far off you are.
SocketWatch is not your father’s pocketwatch, but is as indispensable to your connected PC running Windows. In today’s wired world, keeping an accurate clock is more important than ever for the personal computer. To know how accurate is that time critical information you got from the Web, to be sure which version of that file in your Windows Briefcase is the latest, you need your computer, all the computers you use to be synchronized. The best way to do this is to synchronize your PC to the universal time signals available through the Internet.

I use it in conjunction with the Customisable Clock for Windows Task Bar above.
Download SocketWatch latest version Version 3.5b (build 146) Updated 30 Jan. 2002 - 616kB.

No comments:

Post a Comment